Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

no to racism, yes to my mom!

Today is the International Day to Eliminate Racism.  The National Coordinator of Afro-Panamanian organizations has used the opportunity to create a short video about racial discrimination in Panama and tie it to the afro-descendiente Census 2010 campaign.

Today is also my mom's birthday. I have shouted her out on all medias available to me.  I think as I get deeper into my dissertation research, I really appreciate my mom for always cultivating a pride in who we are and a Black consciousness in me, despite/because of our location in a overwhelmingly white sometimes racist New England town.

My mom is also the best cook and baker in the universe! If she makes it, you will want to eat it. (yes. food is always on my mind)

Here we are in Juarez, Mexico back in summer 2006 eating some tacos. mmmm. good times.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment