Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Es tiempo de cambiar- it's time to change!

*sing like Juanes*

Nothing to do with Panama per se, but I am making a public commitment to eating healthier and losing weight.  I go back and forth with this every year, but I have to take a good hard look at my age, my eating habits, and my potential health risks and do something now, preemptively.  (making that list of foods I love did not help either!)

It is actually annoying when friends tell me I am not big or chubby, that I am just "curvy."  Or worse, that I "wear it well." ummm... thanks? Yes, I am curvy, but I have entirely too much all over. I couldn't stop being curvy if I tried. That does not mean, however, that I should not drop some weight. Discovery Health thinks I should drop 40-50 lbs. I am not convinced.

This is not an eating revolution just yet. But I am starting with more water and more fruits and vegetables, fewer sweets and going from there.  Wish me luck! I am only posting this so you hold me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment