Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter from Playa Blanca

In between reading about Black movements in Panama and the nationalizing project of Omar Torrijos, I have been enjoying my easter weekend in Playa Blanca with my family and family friends.

Just this morning, I woke up early and went for a long walk/jog along the beach. 40 mins of peaceful beauty. I arrived back at the apartment, ate an apple, and left for the 2nd largest swimming pool in the world with my Aunt Nelly. We arrived at the pool before anyone else and enjoyed our vast and lovely solitude for at least an hour y pico before other people arrived with their children and such.


















This aquajump in the background is tomorrow's project. I will finish my first batch of articles today, watch the Final Four tonight (!!!!), and conquer the art of jumping off the trampoline into this huge salt water pool tomorrow morning. As you can see, I have lofty goals for this Fulbright year.

(In the picture below, that dot in the picture is my Aunt Nelly! This pool is huuuuuuge!)


also, I do not think I have been dressed since Wednesday. It has been a bathing suit- cover up- bata - pajama rotation. 

HAPPY EASTER!!  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely lifestyle, pictures of the trampoline jump please :)


    -Johari

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pool is ridiculous! And it is pretty amazing you had it all to yourself!

    ReplyDelete